Monday, May 3, 2010

Buffet Refinish

My hunny and I also worked on refinishing this buffet for my hunny's mom, who wanted to sell it. It was NOT in a sell-able condition though. I forgot to take a picture of the top but it was in horrible condition! There were water stains and the finish was super damaged. I wish I could show you how bad it was but you'll just hafta use your imagination. Here's the damaged and dull front. The top was 50x as bad.
Gross right? Nasty!

We sanded down the top after scraping off the finish and the stain. We stained the top English Chestnut by Minwax. Just the stain, nothing fancy. I'm not sure why these other pics, sorry!
Here's the detail on the front. It's on both sides. There's also these little lighter colored bands around each one of the legs, about 6 inches from the ground.

Ugh. The uglyness of the doors. This is before we did anything to them. Except cleaning. I did clean them though they don't look it.

Staining the top.

Ahhhh. So much better!

Stripped the drawer fronts and doors.

The pulls. They were't a solid color, and they looked like they needed cleaned even though I scrubbed them. So I decided to paint them.

We swiped the stain over the fronts and then sprayed them with polyurethane.

Sprayed them with a hammered metal color. I can't remember the brand right now.

The finished project.

No comments:

Post a Comment